What inheritance pattern does sickle cell anemia follow?Sickle Cell Anemia: An Overview of its Inheritance Pattern

Sickle Cell Anemia: An Overview of its Inheritance Sample

Sickle cell anemia is an inherited blood dysfunction that’s brought on by an irregular sort of hemoglobin often called hemoglobin S (HbS) (Tsui, 2020). It’s a genetic dysfunction, which means that it’s handed down from mother and father to their kids. The inheritance sample of sickle cell anemia follows an autosomal recessive sample (Hazra et al., 2017). Which means for an individual to have the dysfunction, they should have two copies of the irregular hemoglobin gene, one from every mum or dad. When each mother and father have one copy of the irregular gene, they’re often called carriers, nevertheless they won’t present any signs of the dysfunction. If one mum or dad is a service and the opposite has sickle cell anemia, then the kid could have the dysfunction. If each mother and father are carriers, then the kid has a 25 % probability of getting the dysfunction, a 50 % probability of being a service, and a 25 % probability of getting neither (Almohanna et al., 2021).

Still struggling to complete your homework?
Get instant homework help from our expert academic writers!